Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Fixing a Home Theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnc

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody,

I am trying to fix an old home-theater. This component broke and I am having a hard time discovering what this is. I asked vendors in different stores but none of them could identify it. The name written in the board is L200 but googling it wasn't of any help.

It seems to me that this is a filter or a resistance, do you guys have any clue of what this is (images attached)?

Thanks in advance

DSCN2961.JPGDSCN2962.JPG

There is a specific category for repair tips and service. Thread moved [alexan_e]

It's an incandescent lamp, most likely used as a speaker (tweeter ?) overload protection. You hardly won't find a spare part in a DIY shop. If you have a healthy exemplar, you can determine the I/V characteristic and try to find a more or less fitting standard lamp.

Reactions: tnc

tnc

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try and post here later.

I installed a new 12V lamp and worked as intended. The replacement lamp was bought in a car accessories store (not in a electronics DIY shop).
Thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back