Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which PIC Learning board is better here to purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all depends on what you want to do with the boards, Like which pic's you want to use how many ports what add on baords you lilkely to use, the list is endless

A good board is the easypic 6 board support loads of different type of pic's but it's a bit on the costly side.

What about building and making your own like this one from here
Felixls: Multiboard PIC Trainer 2.0

The good thing about this one you can make any type of add on you need, From this I designed my own to suit myself and made the add on boards has I need to use them. I can't comment on the links for the boards you posted they all look ok but it's what you require is the most important thing, I've aslo got an old easypic 3 board but it's had some use but from time to time I found you could use 2 or 3 boards depending on how many projects you have on the go at one time, This saves breaking them down and for geting where you have got to or where your at.
People will have different views and preferences but like I said it all depends on what you have in mind

wizpic

i want to select from them as i can only purchase one of them
So which is better for pic16 from one of them to do osmething with pic

Looking at them I would go to the top one, My reason's are, They have header socket's where you can plug wire's into but it's still limited but if your just started to learn then it would be ok, The middle forget it you would be limited to what you could do plus the pic size cant remember but 18 or 20 pin pic, The bottom one is good but down fall to me is you have got pins on the port's where you have solder wire's onto and overtime it could get messy,

Why not make your own from those links you provide they look simple enough it makes it fun plus you learn more

What you writing your code in for the pics ?

I would take the third one, and will order some PIC18F chips in DIP40 as well :) just personal preferences - I prefer to play with big micros, as I use them only for personal stuff, I try to buy new, latest products to be in touch with the technology or sometimes I use an existing design, then I just buy what parts are required to make the project. But if it is for you and just for educational purpose - buy that one which can support more devices, PIC18F is really much more powerful compared to PIC16F, but there are so much existing designs for PIC16F ...

I would have to agree with WizPic and select the top or first board, not because of the male header pin on the third, but I prefer the ability to disconnect peripherals like the LCD when they are not needed. The first board has a set of jumpers to allow you to accomplish this.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back