Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded Linux evaluation board porting

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelezinis_vilkas

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to start programming in Embedded Linux environment. I am a totally newbie in this area and probably this question repeats a lot in this forum.
I want to choose the right evaluation board in order to initially not get into problem of adapting the tool chain and porting the Linux kernel to the hardware.In this link I have found the appropriate hardware platforms for programming in embedded linux ( I wish to use ARM based microcontroller) : Development Platforms - eLinux.org
I want to use LM3S6965 Ethernet Evaluation Kit.Where can i get the appropriate toolchain and/or porting and preferrably step-by-step guide to this kit (preferrably this one,but any other ARM-based development kit will do ) in order to kick-start programming in embedded linux environment ?

The LM3S6965 cannot support Embedded Linux, it doesn't have enough Flash nor RAM.

Two affordable Embedded Linux platforms are:

Raspberry PI

BeagleBone Black

The corresponding site above also provide links to the required toolchain and Linux distros.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back