Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does a zener diode gives better load regulation than line regulation or it depends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyya

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls give me an explanation
thnks

Line regulation defines as the output voltage of the zener to remain constant under input line variation. Load regulations defined as the load increases or decreases the zener will control this variation by keeping the voltage constant....

i think it depends upon application..

I'm tempted to say, neither. But with small Vin to Vout voltage drop, line regulation will be worse. Just consider, how the Z-diode current changes in each case.

So, it gives better load regulation? is that it?

As said, the change in zener diode current is the cause of output voltage changes. If the load current is small related to zener diode current, load regulation will be better. But it's easy to calculate it for your intended circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back