Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOS conventions in Cadence Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaikss

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Team,

I am terribly shocked and confused after seeing the NMOS and PMOS symbols.

The generic convention for the NMOS and PMOS symbol is the direction of arrow. If the arrow direction is like entering, then the symbol is NMOS and if it is leaving it is PMOS.
Attached 4.48.png is the generic convention. The left image is the generic convention which we all are aware of.

When I tried to design a rectifier using MOS technology, I had taken symbols from analoglib and UMC library. To my great surprise, I found the symbols in different manner.
I have attached the schematic page. It is the right side image. P_18_MM is the PMOS symbol and N_18_MM is the NMOS symbol which are in reverse manner to that of generic. Am I wrong at any point? If so, correct me.

Can you please explain the difference?

67_1314692769.png
57_1314692769.png

Last edited:

The direction of the arrow implies the type of the transistor (nmos or pmos) and it is located (as far as i know and i have seen in the bibliography) at the source node of the FET and not at the substrate node as your "generic image" shows.
Your schematic can hardly be visible and i can't see the details to give you a hint.
Anyway,just see the properties of the transistor by selecting it and hiting q.If it says that the fet is nmos,it's nmos,that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back