Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use the same license file of Modelsim 5.8 on Windows and Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogger123

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Modelsim 5.8 on windows platform...
and now shifted to linux.....
do i need to get a new license file from mentor or can i use the same license file from the windows platform?

modelsim unable to checkout a viewer license

Hi rogger123

Your license, obtained from Mentor, should be valid for all supported platforms. Did you set LM_LICENSE_FILE env variable under linux? This environment variable must point to license file or license server. What kind of errors do you have?

Best reg

unable to checkout a viewer

It keeps giving a error saying
could not check license for vsim viewer.

unable to checkout a viewer license necessary

hi
i have set the lm_license file path ....but when i use vsimit says unable to check the license for the graphical viewer...
does the linux platform and windows platform need different licenses...the thing was using modelsim 5.5b PE on windows platform... and i recently downloaded 5.8dSE for linux should that be a problem?

unable to checkout a viewer license modelsim

Hi

I think that license for 5.8 is diffrent that this for 5.5 and this is your problem. Check this with Mentor's representative. You should also download PE edition.

Good luck

lm_license file

most probable reson is that ur license.txt file is no more in unix format.
u may have opened it in notepade and thus converted in dos format.
pest the license file in email editor of ur choise like microsoft outlook and email it to ur unix account.
it should work
hock

viewer license of modelsim

hi,
i tried with converting the file into a unix format (dos2unix)
but it still did not work
below is the error message it gives me

Unable to checkout a viewer license necessary for use of the ModelSim
graphical user interface. Vsim is closing.

is it a different license for linux and a different for windows??

modelsim pe viewer license

Hi

rogger123, license is the same for linux and win. Could you make a test with modelsim 5.5b linux edition. Do you have node locked or server license ? After starting Modelsim How long it takes to quit with error message? Maybe this will tell us something new.

Best reg

unable to checkout a viewer license

it is a node locked license which i am using with modelsim pe 5.5b
well modelsim takes around 4 secs to start and may be in a sec or two i get the error message...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back