Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different types of opamp for dc voltage amplification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veereshelango

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GUYS ! Currently i am doing my final year project.
In that, I want to amplify a sensor output whose output voltage range varies from (0.8-2.25)..
what OPAMP ic can i use to amplify .. where i should have a gain of (10-25).

The gain of an OP-amp is very high so can be set to any reasonable value with external components, so ANY op-amp would do. If you are after some very special parameters such as low noise, very low drift, high frequency response funny DC supplies, then a specific device would need to be bought. I like these for general purpose :- **broken link removed**
Frank

Hey dude !
My suggestion is AD620. very low noise and zi :Very high . zo : very very low. frequency response : good. (it is instrumentation Op amp)
With best lucks!
Goldsmith

The TL 084 is a good device with 13V/uS slew rates and balanced FET inputs .Very hi gain to be put into feedback ends up as a hi stability product .
However , you shall need to arrange for common mode DC setoff if you need to use this as a "DC Amplifier"
The TL084 needs to be put in the classical instrumentation amplifier configuration to achieve success.

You didn't mention available power supply. TL084, which is a good general purpose OP, won't work with single for the said input voltage range. Other parameters important for OP selection are bandwidth and slew rate (most likely not critical for your application), offset voltage, input current, noise voltage and current.

Status
Not open for further replies.