Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which net should be connected to copper pour area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhuvankanade12@gmail.com

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All ,
I am making a double sided PCb but its having multiple grounds in whole circuit.
1. supply ground
2. analog ground for Op-amp supply
3. Signal ground with respect to signal
4. Digital Ground for Controller.
To avoid EMI/EMC problem & give firm ground i want to do copper pour but not amble to decide
Which net should be connected to copper pour area ?
I have Google solution but didn't find it. :shock:
Thanks in advance.

Re: pads2007 copper pour

for which application you are doing this?
according to your application any one can tell you how to fill copper like:power supply

that's a lot of grounds for a 2 layer board. i agree with rakhsha. start off with the power supply. try to look again at your circuit for maybe you can combine some of your grounds that will simplify design. personally, i would prioritize the plane in accordance on how much power it will handle.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If you aren't dealing with a big power supply on your board, or super-fast switching times, I'd keep it simple and use a single ground layer to keep everything tight. In between your noisy circuit sections (analog vs. digital signals), put a "wall" of vias, to keep return currents within the specified areas of your board (analog, signal, digital). Be sure to stitch the board together with lots of vias, to keep the ground potentials even across the board (probably not much of an issue, since there is going to be little power draw, given the circuits mentioned).

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Second the single ground, youv'e more chance of creating problems by using such a complex ground scheme, how are you going to keep them all at the same voltage at all times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back