Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convergence failure for crystal oscillator PSS/PNoise sim

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevron_guy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

i am simulating the crystal oscillator (RLC model) phase noise.

I setup pss analysis, use initial current 10uA in inductor model of crystal (19.2MHz), tstab=200n, etc, result=pss not converged, therefore the simulator keep modifying tstab and try again and again.. never converged.

I also tried HB engine (tstab=0, osc init =linear like other suggested on this forum, result is that after 100 iteration, the circuit still does not converged.

Questions:

for pss or HB sim, do i need to specify some initial condition for the crystal oscillator circuit?

also, aren't these steady state simulation to calculate the steady state directly? why does it still need stablization time? doesn't it
defeat the purpose of avoiding the unusually long stabilization time of high Q crystal oscillator circuit?

i appreciate your help. thanks!

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.