Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD9835 DDS Function Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaiyong

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to build a simple function generator based on AD9835 chip which is capable of generating sine/square/triangular wave with frequency ranging from 0 - 10MHz. Can any one tell me how to implement it?

Thanks.

Use a micro controller to control it. There is a flowchart a few flowchart in the datasheet to read, write as well as to initialize it :)

It is possible to build a simple generator with only the Analog Devices AD9835 chip and 1 50MHz crystal oscillator?

It is possible to build a simple generator with only the Analog Devices AD9835 chip and 1 50MHz crystal oscillator?

Nope. you need to initialize the AD9835 as well as set the corresponding register values :)

Thanks ya. Because i'm newbie and need a lot of things need to learn. I wish to use PIC16F628 to drive the AD9835. Meaning that i need to write program to the PIC first?

Yup. you need to program it first. And the program has to execute the flow to read, write as well as initialize the AD chip

Is it need to write the program coding myself or can obtain the source code from somewhere? I currently building the circuit with only the AD9835 and the 50MHz crystal oscillator. My design specification is build a simple signal generator with AD9835 chip which capable of generating various modulation formats (eg: sine/square/triangular wave) with variable frequency up to 10MHz.

Can anyone tell me how to program PIC16F628 with PICKIT 3? I face difficulty to find out the tutorial on this matter. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.