Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding servo motor and drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

iswarya.p

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
suggest me some servo driver for dc and ac servo motor. how can i interface with microcontroller?

yes i want to purchase it.i interface dc servo motor with pic 18f452. i use the dc servo motor with encoder resolution of 2000 pulses per revolution,speed of 2000 rpm.

Hi Iswarya,

Servo does not run on the basis of rpm, Even though it is a modified DC motor, then run on the input angle provided... So it will be easy for us to know, if you are going forward with a normal DC motor, or Servo motor... Since you can control both of these motors with your PIC. I assume you are talking of servo motor...so rpm will not be there to control it... it turn in terms of degrees....

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

this is the code for your requirement... you can simulate it in proteus and make a circuit as per this and your job is done.....
18f452_servo_rc_master.jal - jallib - JAL V2 libraries - Google Project Hosting

i interface dc servo motor with pic 18f452. i use the dc servo motor with encoder resolution of 2000 pulses per revolution,speed of 2000 rpm.

Perhaps you are referring to a DC motor possibly a Brushless DC Motor (BLDC)?

Most servos have a limit range of rotation of +/- 90°.

You can control the position of a servo by varying the duty cycle of the PWM. The period of your PWM should typicaly be 20ms or 50 pulses per second, with the ON time of the PWM set at between 0.9ms to 2.1ms. Each servo is different so these are just typically values.

Checkout:

Servo Motor Control: Theory

Driving a standard servo motor with a PIC.

How to Interface a Microchip PIC MCU with a hobby R/C Servo

If you are referring to a DC motor, they are usually controlled with a MCU in combination with a H-Bridge or other DC motor driver.

H-Bridge Microchip PIC Microcontroller PWM Motor Controller

**broken link removed**

DC Motor interfacing with Microcontrollers tutorial: Introduction

Once you understand and can implement Motor Control using PWM, then you can learn pulse counting with the encoder.

These documents and examples should help you get started.

BigDog

sorry sir, i didnot understand the problem clearly,so only i make many times for the same question

the encoder is built within the servo motor most of the times... until and unless you specify what motor you are going to use ( make and model), its of no use simply posting tutorials as you are simply opening new threads of same topic.

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

if you dont understand then clarify all your doubts in the same thread... there is no imit to ask questions here. and we will be happy to solve your problem any number of times..

read the tutorials in above links... if you dont want the tutorials then tell us excatly your problem so that someone can help you...

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

I have a feeling that you are doing this project just because someone told you to do or suggested you to do... you can go for other PIC controllers rather than the one you have choosen...

You first need to understand how a servo motor works.. difference between dc motor and servo motor??
understand PWM concepts.. write your own program to learn it and then interface servo motor to PIC...

without basic knowledge you wont understand anything we tell and you will feel embrassed to ask same question again and again.....

thank u for ur valuable information. my problem is high speed position control using dc servo motor. motor rotates 360 degree with 7.2 degree increment. i studied that encoder in the dc servo motor is used for position control. how can i interface encoder with servo drive as well microcontroller. how to choose dc dervo motor for high speed application? i need some links to understand dc servo motor clearly. and suggedt how to choose the servo drive for dc servo motor for precise position controlling?

i need the details about dc servo motor driver.what are the components of the dc servo driver?

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

actually my problem is to rotate the dc servo motor with 0 degree 3.6 degree 7.2 degree upto 360 degree.i studied that encoder in the dc servo motor gives the details about the position of shaft. and my dought is that how to give the feedback to dc servo driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back