Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandpass Filter design(UWB 3.1-5.0 GHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubdawg

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am new tofilter design and have some basic circuit books, but was curious if anyone had suggestions or maybe a spreadsheet where it would give you the poles and what not. I am trying to design a bandpass filter for UWB for the 3.1-5.0 GHz range. ANy insight would be greatly appreciated.

rubdawg said:
Hi, I am new tofilter design and have some basic circuit books, but was curious if anyone had suggestions or maybe a spreadsheet where it would give you the poles and what not. I am trying to design a bandpass filter for UWB for the 3.1-5.0 GHz range. ANy insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have been using Schaumann's book. But if you do not care to read the equations, you can post the specifications, and I will try to calculate and post back the transfer function or poles.

rubdawg said:

This is an RF filter (ranges are not for analog electronics range).

You want this just as circuit to simulate it or you will build it and test in hardware?

At 3.1-5.0GHz range this is a wideband filter if you want it just as circuit to simulate in some Spice that is very easy.

Looks like anyone can download NuHertz Filter Solutions software and create such one.

If you really want to buildit than please provide the Tangent loss, Er permeatability of substrate material, width of substrate and anything they give you. I will synthesise and bring you correct schematic.

How is that?

I want to design a bandpass filter too.
After having read some books,I find that there are some circuits and equations for caculating the value of components, maybe we can just follow these circuits and equations to built a filter we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.