Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which rtos is better on mini2440 board for quadcopter appication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamr

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which rtos is better on mini2440 board?

HI
I have friendly arm mini2440 board.
I need
1. serial com ,
2. 5-channel adc
3. 4-channel PWM from arm board to be interfaced external internal devices and also write application using these peripherals.
Friendly arm mini2440 already has linux-qtopia on it. I am bit confused whether to use same linux OS or other OS(which can be ported on friendly arm board) for my project keeping in mind
1.ease in writing device drivers.
2.ease in coding application.
3.ease in handling tasks.
Help me in choosing the right OS for my requirement.........thanks in advance.

Hi

You can use Micro-C/OS..Read below info for understanding.....

Micro-C/OS is not a stand-alone OS like say Linux, it is a Real-time kernel, and as such you do not "install" it on a board separate to your application, instead you link it as a library to your application, then install the monolithic application image on your board.

There are many ways you could do that, it is board and/or chip specific, and also depends on what device programming tools you have at your disposal. ARM9 describes only the core architecture, not the processor. Processors and boards using and ARM9 device may have their own bootstrapping options, either on-chip or provided on-board as a boot loader, some may have no such pre-loaded bootstrap support and you will need to provide appropriate start-up code at the reset address, as well as having the necessary tools to program the external memory.

Thanks for the Information.
which are the free available tools,compiler that i have to use if i go with ucos-2 or FreeRtos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back