Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use 74LS151 for receiving diagnosis from devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

do_rin_entertainment

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to use an 74ls151

I got a much wanted answer to an question and now I am in trouble again.

:?: Anyone knows how to use 5 74ls151 :?: for recieving diagnosis from external devices through the lpt port? and anyone knows how to pool data out of it??? some code or some help on how to read/write to the paralell port within win2k? please send me an code or code link instead of an programm... i have to prepair something for the communication session and the code must be written by myself. It might be copyrighted and I will include all the credits, np :D !!!

I am in real trouble and I need help quick.

:idea: An other tip I recieved: I have been mailed that I have to drive the 74ls151's adresses by 3 data pins (same for all 74's or 3 data pins per each? that would be 15 data pins.... half of what I have as an output from the paralell: from the 8 data pins and the 4 control pins, using 4 sn74374 I obtained 32 output data pins (the idea belongs to the same david h., founder of the dlitez plugin for winamp), so it would be the half... of the output...)

please help me.. don't have any other place where to ask this.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back