Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Starting address of serial EEPROM????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embedded_Geek

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone please tell me what is the starting address of serial EEPROM? Is it 0x0000 or something else?

it is true that all "EXTERNAL " eeproms have memory starting address as 0x0000, but in the case of internal EEPROMS it depends on the manufacturers
E.g.

18f452 it is 0xf0000 and in 16f87x family it is from 0x21000

You can also take a look in the following thread
Questions about EEPROM.

The thread given by you was very useful.

I have one doubt i.e., while sequential writing suppose I reach at the end of the page 1 ( lets say 0x015) then do I have to send the address 0x016 (which is the starting address of page 2) ? Or is there anything called the page address?

you have to give the address manually if you are doing page write operations and new page location after a page is written....

If page size is 16 bytes. Then the page 2 address becomes 0x016 right? Or is it something else?

The thread given by you was very useful.

I have one doubt i.e., while sequential writing suppose I reach at the end of the page 1 ( lets say 0x015) then do I have to send the address 0x016 (which is the starting address of page 2) ? Or is there anything called the page address?

yes, you have to send the address where the new page starts (assuming that you want to start writing in the first byte of the page), so as an example for 16 byte pages you send address 0 , write 16 bytes and then send address 16 (which is 0xf , not 0x16) then write another 16 bytes and send the start of the third page which is 32 (or 0x20) , like it is shown in the table https://www.edaboard.com/threads/220305/#post936623

Alex

yes, you have to send the address where the new page starts (assuming that you want to start writing in the first byte of the page), so as an example for 16 byte pages you send address 0 , write 16 bytes and then send address 16 (which is 0xf , not 0x16) then write another 16 bytes and send the start of the third page which is 32 (or 0x20) , like it is shown in the table Questions about EEPROM.

Alex

Now my doubts are cleared thanks @Alex and @ckshivaram...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back