Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best 3D EM simulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: best 3d EM simulator

not really. I'm definitely not against any tool. are you?

at the end of the day we work with what we have. if I have all those tools available to me, I would use HFSS and Designer(for being able to link to structure in HFSS). as simple as that.

I understand that there can be discussions on which tool can maintain accuracy to what limits and so on. and those are good discussions. I am just imagining a situation where we have all the tools available and of course some strong computers to run the simulations (which most companies do with the latest improvements).

sounds good to me.

The best software depends on your needs!
First of all, you have to define your problem (e.g. open or closed problem taking into account boundary conditions) and choose a method for solution: FDTD, FEM, MoM, etc. Next, you have to choose a software, but this depends on your budget. For example, in the case of MoM for wire antennas, you have NEC-based (there are a lot) and not NEC-based (like **broken link removed**).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back