Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ALternator does not output any voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

headman333

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have rewired my honda motorcycle, changed all busted lights, make horn functional again, everything about lighting is OK. But, I found out that the alternator leads does not output any voltage, so the effect is that it doesn't supply AC voltage to the regulator/rectifier circuit, which in turn does not charge the battery.

My problem is how do I fixed the alternator to give an AC output?

which model is it?what is the engine capacity in c.c

how did you test that the alternator does not give o/p ?
by meter or scope ?

I tested it with a meter, I set it to AC at 1000V and connect it to the alternator leads output and let
somebody run the motorcycle in stationary. At any speed it does not give any voltage.

check if one end of the alternator coil is connected to ground or not

there must be some residual magnetism in it for the alternator to start producing the voltage.

in your case that may be missing.

Alternator ground is connected...The coils is the problem! It had been changed to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back