Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring distance in magnetic field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiku

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I saw another topic about measuring distance but in this topic i'm asking if you guys know some ways to measure a distance direct or indirect?

The ones i've already come up with are :
Direct:

Ultrasonic
Infrared

Indirect:
Photodiode (measure distance travelled with amount of light blocked)
Hallsensor (the magnetic field can be connected with the height in a simulator) - Does the hall effect sensor has an effect on the magnetic field itself?

So i was wondering if you guys know other ways to determine a distance.
The sensor will be used to detect if a floating object is going down a bit because of certain influences from outside,
so that the strength of the magnetic field isn't big enough anymore to keep it floating. That's why I need this sensor to detect the amount of distance it has gone down
to answer is with a rise of the current. I also have a question about the phototransistor. I don't understand what's the different in output between NPN or PNP.
Thank you if you want to help me :)

greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.