Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] One of my Hard disk drive is correpted

Status
Not open for further replies.

thannara123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi experts my one of my hard drive is correpted or it cannot access. how can i recover it any diagnosis tool is there to recover it .please help

few months back i had the same problem of corrupted hard disk.. By the time i got suggestion from experts i purchased the software for hard disk data recovery and recovered it.... you can refer the help i got for this problem....

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/217358/

sir i am using windows not linux can i ?

Can you describe the problem exactly, from what I understand you have two disk, can you boot the PC where the corrupted disk is connected?
Do you have the OS in the first disk?
What exactly is the warning or message you see and when do you get it?
Any info from SMART, are there any relocated sectors or any other warning?

Alex

no sir i have only one disk ,The E drive shows the problems
i am attaching the picture pleas see it

Try to right click on the disk, select properties and in the tools tab select fix

Snap2.gif

also try to restart in safe mode and see if you can access the disk from there

Alex

Reactions: ramina

ramina

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Try to access the disk from safe mode, reboot and start pressing f4 as soon as the system reboots, then you will see a selection screen (this is before windows load) and you have to click f8 and select safe mode

Alex

One thing I did when my old hard disk got corrupted was:
I got the Ubuntu 9.10 DVD. I changed the boot order in the BIOS and set the optical drive as the first boot device. I inserted the Ubuntu disk. Then, I ran Ubuntu from the disk without installing it onto the computer. Then I could retrieve data from the drives. However, Ubuntu could not access the drive where Windows was installed.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

there are only 2 options..........

1. as Alex said go to safe mode and try.. that drive may be virus affected..

2. install free ware of stellaris HDD recovery software and run it.

I had my hard disk changed for my laptop, for the same error, since it was company laptop and under warantee i did not bother, but i took back up using stellaris hard disk data recovery software....

I usually use in such cases SpinRite software   Home of Gibson Research Corporation   - it formats the HDD without erasing the inormation and recovers the weak and feeble sectors. The bad sectors are relocated into hidden area so at the end you get a disk without any bad sectors. I can say that the software has magical effect on non working HDD (until the problem is on disk surface, not in the electronic)

my problem is solved in accordance with alexan_e

that is
1)Right click the hard disk which is corrupted
2)Select properties then click check-now
3)Then select the automatically fix error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back