Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

triac precaution needed in universal motor controller??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

omid_juve

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i use the attached circuit for controlling the speed of a universal motor instead of lamp . so as the motor is an inductive load i need some precaution please help
me what components should i add to the triac part of my schematic to make it practical ?
thanks

Attachments

• Dimmer-Schmatic.gif
    Dimmer-Schmatic.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 141

You can add optotriac instead of transistor which it enhance safety of your board.

ok thanks this is isolation of the triac from digital part of the board. how about the triac protection against the spike of induction motor???

Dear omid
Hi
You should use an snubber network in parallel with MT1 to MT2 of your triac .it is a good way to eliminate spikes!

thanks but could you please help me in selecting the R & C for snubber circuit ? because i think the calculation of it is complicated . also which type of "MOC" IC
should i use for triggering the gate of the triac i mean the "zero crossing one" or "non zero crossing one"??
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.