Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion for 8051 controller - programmable using serial COM port

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathewjmanavalan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am a beginner looking for possible 8051 controllers which can be directly programmed using the RS232 serial PC port. I found a circuit which included an 89C51 which needed some additional firmware to be written on to it. I don't have a EPROM programmer so thats a no-go. Would highly appreciate suggestions.

Thanks
mathewjmanavalan

89C51 cant be programmed directly using serial port, to the best of my knowledge you should have a programmer.

89V51RD2 is the IC by NXP which supports programming through serial port without any programmer. You need to create a hex file through your compiler and then transfer it to MCU through FlashMagic tool.

For learning purpose, FlashMagic is freely available and its easy to use.

Let me know, if you want more help on this.

Hey thanks a lot for that piece of information. Ill do some study on it and let you know if I need any more guidance. Thanks a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back