Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating a library component from a schematic component in Altium Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

luizsalomon

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there.
I got a schematic from the internet which had a microcontroller on it (it is a TQFP-64 of a PIC24FJGB106, in case you are curious) and a PCB drawing. No libraries came with it. Just the *.sch and the *.pcb

I began to draw my own schematic and searched for the above microcontroller and I found it in the Microchip library that comes with Altium.
The problem is that, the one that I found on the internet is much more "prettier" than the one available at the library (exactly like the datasheet, in a TQFP format, with all pins matching every side).

My question is: is it possible to import the component to my personal library, withou the original .lib?
If I do a CTRL+C, CTRL+V from one schematic to another, it copies normally.
So now I have both microntroller on my schematic: the ugly one from Microchip's Altium library and the neat one from the internet. Is there a way to copy the properties of one component to another in a fast way?

Thanks,
Luiz Salomon

There could be another ways, but I will follow following steps;
1. Paste your components (what ever you want to add in library) in a schematic opened in project.
2. Do to "Design" menu and Select "make schematic library"
3. It will create a library of the components in schematic and will show attached in project
4. Open this library and click on "SCH" on right side/down corner of Altium window and select "SCH Library"
5. It will display the list of component in your library, you can copy any component you want and paste it in your library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back