Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whether I should continue with mechanical engineering or switch to MBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

shravan30999

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am currently working as a Mechanical engineer from past one year. I am enjoying my job too since its of renewable energy(design). But one thing I have observed in india is that engineer's are paid very less specially as compared to MBA's. This thing is demorolizing for me and I am confused whether I should continue with engineering or should I switch to MBA. Also, I can't go for MS in USA cuz its fees is unaffordable for me. Please guide me for the same as I am very much interested in engineering but at the same time money is also important.

I personally think MBA's are for people that want to get away from the engineering lifestyle and see how things turn out. Do not go that route if you just see money in your eyes, do something your really enjoy. Its reminds me of friends who joined the army for the money and girls. Me personally, I learned to live without material things in my life, I am happy with a honda as an engineer, I dont need a C300. In your situation its more frustrating because you want to just use the money to learn more, which is a good thing. I would look into schools in the U.S......state schools in particular are very affordable. I go to SDSU and all my antenna engineers are also from India. It is about 5,000 a year for grad-school.....very very cheap. You can even work somewhere full-time and attend part-time. Just think about what you like and what you love......the money will come when it comes :) GOOD LUCK

Thank you jack It will help me for taking my decision..thank you once again

Status
Not open for further replies.