Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Full Bridge Inverter with MOSFET and IR2110 gate driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tahmid, i forget to mention that i have tried it too before (connect the pin 9 to the 5V instead of 12V) but it didn't work. After read your reply and re-reading the datasheet i found this typical connection at the datasheet :

59708d1312473028-typical-connection.png

and then i changed the circuit base on your reply and the typical connection into this :

59709d1312473078-schematic_v3.png

the circuit consist of 3 separate power supply :
1. vcc (5V) & gnd from the uC board
2. 7.4V Li-ion batt for the motor supply
3. 12V from the power supply

it works just fine and i able to control the motor speed with PWM (5V) that generated from my microcontroller. And when i connect the 1k resistor between gate and source of each MOSFET, the motor run strangely. The motor seems to run and stop periodically even the PWM is on the high duty cycle. when i disconnect the resistor the motor run normally.

the most strange problem that i face now is when i disconnect all 3 power supply from the circuit and try to run it again, it just do nothing. The motor won't run until change the circuit with 12V on VDD, Lin, and Hin. After i do that (run the motor for a while) i able to control the motor with 5V vdd, 5V Lin, and PWM (5V) to the Hin. i have no idea what is going on, is it from the improper capacitor value?

i think this document is related to your problem :
dt99-7-Alleviating High Side Latch on Problem at Power Up
it is an app note from IRF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back