Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

center tapped inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarthikshines

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in my circuit a am using center tapped inductor.. i need to simulate that circuit in orcad 16.3 whether in orcad center tapped inductor is available or else wat i have to do to produce the same effect in my simulated circuit...

Yes, they are available. You can find the part in anl_misc.olb. probably XFRM_LIN/CT-SEC would serve your purpose. I assume you meant center tap transformer. Not sure what is meant by centre tap inductor, anyway you can simulate that connecting two inductors in series.

I don't use Pspice but the Spice netlist syntax is to add a device:

K1 L1 L2 0.99

Where K1 is the mutual coupling with a coupling of 0.99 and L1, L2 are the two inductors. It is important to get the inductors the correct way round to behave like a tapped inductor.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back