Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gatedriver IR2113-Pspice error- internal error, disk write error

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatedriver

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
Thanks you everyone who help me about convergence problem. But, unfortunatelly, when I am not success to fix this problem the others come.

This time is:
Overflow, Convert
INTERNAL ERROR -- Overflow, Convert
Run aborted
Disk write error. The disk may be full.
ERROR -- Disk write error. The disk may be full.

So I have some questions:
1. In the features of IR2113
( 3.3V logic compatible; seperate logic supply range from 3.3V to 20V)
I understood that IC can be compatible with DSP output signal (3.3V)
But in the Static Electrical Characteristics ( VIH-logic 1 input voltage is 9.5V; VIL -logic 0- is 6.0V)

So I decided choose PWM pulses is 15V. Is it correct? What are the functions of VDD logic supply?

And the second is COMP block in IR2113 pspice model
.SUBCKT COMP 1 2 3 4
E1 5 4 VALUE={IF((V(1)>V(2)), V(4)+5V, V(4))}
R1 5 3 1
C1 3 4 10P
.ENDS

How can I use this block? Is it relate to my internal error?

I posted my circuit here? I really need helps from everyone
eda forum-IR2113.JPG

Thank you very much!

You get this error when simulator runs into "divide by zero" error. There could be several reasons for that. One of the reason could be high value of ITL4, try reducing it to 100 or less and see if this help. Other reason could be use of behavior sources, which could be leading to unrealistic high or low voltages.

Comp block is stepping up the voltage at pin4 by 5v, if V1 is < V2. I am not sure if I understood your comment how to you it, this block is already part of IR2113, hence already being used in your circuit. Do you mean you want to use it outside the IR2112 Model?

About 3.3V logic compatible, I've already understood.

Error: Disk write error. The disk may be full.
I always set ITL4 value smaller than 100. But this error still happened.

You said that "Other reason could be use of behavior sources, which could be leading to unrealistic high or low voltages."
Can you explain more about this?

I've read some convergence problem documents, and I try to fix "divide to zero" by large resistor which is connected parallel with capacitors as you can see in my circuit.

About COMP block: I saw this block in IR2113 library, but want to use it in my circuit ( including IR2113) and I afraid of the error may be related to this block (because I do not know how to use). Could you please show me how to use this block?

The error report is usually have following sentences

X_U3._MD3_DlyLS_N2
RON 1
ROFF 1.000000E+06
VON 4.9
VOFF .1

ERROR -- Disk write error. The disk may be full.

Thanks you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back