Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

p89v51RD2 : Unable to connect at the specified baud rate,Try reducing the baud rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhas007

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guyz,
Recently i bought an 8051 development board and an usb-serial port converter for windows 7 (since my laptop does not have serial port).
The problem occurs when i use Flash Magic.When i press ' start ' in flash magic it says 'Unable to connect at the specified baud rate,Try reducing the baud rate.Reset the hardware into ISP mode again.I tried the least baud rate available,even then it keeps saying the same message.How to get rid of this error.

can you tell the advanced settings on your system..

try to test it in desktop to see if the cable responds properly or not. there seems to be a communication failure.....
Dont vary the baud rate if it tells you to reduce... it will work with 9600.....

can you tell the advanced settings on your system..

try to test it in desktop to see if the cable responds properly or not. there seems to be a communication failure.....
Dont vary the baud rate if it tells you to reduce... it will work with 9600.....

Actually this is my first development board.I don't know how to test it in desktop .How do i do it ?
Also,which part of advanced settings are you referring to,i didn't quite understand.

try to program the controller by installing flash magic in desktop... and use serial cable to program... if successful the use USB to serial and try to program .. See if you can program it in desktop....

In flash magic there is settings or option next to file tab... open all the tabs one by one..

There you find hardware settings... uncheck all the box and go to advance setting and tell what is the setting you see...

But try to program with desktop.. may be the USB to serial cable does not work properly.......

you can run a loop back test to check whether cable is working or not..
open hyper terminal if you done have one you can download for windows7
and configure it.. short pin 2 and pin3 of the rs232 cable output and type a char if its echoes back then cable is ok

try to program the controller by installing flash magic in desktop... and use serial cable to program... if successful the use USB to serial and try to program .. See if you can program it in desktop....

In flash magic there is settings or option next to file tab... open all the tabs one by one..

There you find hardware settings... uncheck all the box and go to advance setting and tell what is the setting you see...

But try to program with desktop.. may be the USB to serial cable does not work properly.......

I installed flash magic in desktop and tried to program it but it kept saying the same error.I tested the cable by a loop back test by shorting pins 2 and 3 of rs232 and there seems to be no problem with the cable.
The Hardware config : i unchecked all including 'Use DTR to control RST'.Just then i noticed that when i do this and set baud rate to 7200 instead of 9600 i was able to program without any prob.
How to program it with baud rate 9600

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 ----------

you can run a loop back test to check whether cable is working or not..
open hyper terminal if you done have one you can download for windows7
and configure it.. short pin 2 and pin3 of the rs232 cable output and type a char if its echoes back then cable is ok

I tried the loop back test and the cable seems to be working fine,but i'm not able to program it with baud rate 9600

Last edited:

I have same problem, it doesn't get any command.
1. it replies commands but it don't do them. no OK or any thing it seems it doesn't get \n\r characters.
2. it replies correctly but it doesn't get any command. on startup it sends info out.
3. it replies randomly. I check it with scop and it drops at least a bit randomly.
4. it get or reply nothing. I heat it little bit and it start to work.

I guess it has something with clock generation of the baud rate. if anybody can connect to simcom and get any reply or solution for this, please let me know.

BR

Unable to connect at the specified baud rate, Try reducing the baud rate.Reset the hardware into ISP mode again .... (p89v51RD2 )

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Friends this question is asked in MOST of the forum and there is no clear answer given, i too faced the same problem and after so much of attempts, i found that the new flash magic software has some bugs (i guess, but i'm not sure).. so finally i used the older version flash magic i.e------>> Version 2.40 (DLL Version 1.90)... Use this, first time it will ask for reset isp, just press your 8051 reset button and then sucessssssssssssssss with interface :) :)

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

Unable to connect at the specified baud rate, Try reducing the baud rate.Reset the hardware into ISP mode again .... (p89v51RD2 )

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Friends this question is asked in MOST of the forum and there is no clear answer given, i too faced the same problem and after so much of attempts, i found that the new flash magic software has some bugs (i guess, but i'm not sure).. so finally i used the older version flash magic i.e------>> Version 2.40 (DLL Version 1.90)... Use this, first time it will ask for reset isp, just press your 8051 reset button and then sucessssssssssssssss with interface :) :)

Rohith K
+919738606175
:razz:

hi anybody can help me pls i had aproblem
unable to read the security bits . The security checkboxes may not reflect the actual setting on the device

i had installed 0.00 version flash magic than also it display the problem pls solve my prob
from shailesh patel

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back