Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me start learning DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sokrat

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HOW I CAN START DSP

Hi all

HOW I CAN START DSP :(

S 8O KRAT

please fix your keyboard!!
Your caps-lock is broken
/davorin

HOW I CAN START DSP

In my humble opinion, DSP has more theory to do than practical, so get some good books first.

Re: HOW I CAN START DSP

agreed with hill
polish your math, differential equations & laplace transforms, if u r out of school for long time

Ok yes the advice been given is good. The DSP field requires a lot o mathematical background . But is also nice to have some DSP tools at hand so you can put to work THE THEORY QUICKLY ..

Try this project is cheap to implement and you will have DPS plataform
to learn
http://elm-chan.org/works/vp/report.html

You can learn dsp during one project.
Do not think dsp is difficult to learn.
Also you can use the MATLAB tools.

HOW I CAN START DSP

I think this page can help you to start with basic things on DSP:

**broken link removed**

Hope it help...

HOW I CAN START DSP

To start DSP, first read the fundamental of DSP such as convolution, z-transform, FFT, FIR, IIR.. have some experience with matlab. Second, try to study some simple code of DSP in c language. Third, buy a development board and try to run your sample code on board. Test your result with spectrum analyzer. In this stage, you can decides your learning curve yourself.

try it
**broken link removed**

HOW I CAN START DSP

To start dsp, you need to learn a lot of theory. The best way (which i think is) download a book of DSP entitled "The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing, Second Edition by Steven W. Smithfrom from

www.dspguide.com

the book on this site is very easy and good for begineers.

HOW I CAN START DSP

the best book is

"understand digital signal processing"

few best books for dsp
1. Undrestanding DSP-RG Lions
2.Discrete time signal processing - Oppenhim and Schaffer
3.DSP applications -Proakis

for simulation
DSP with matlab -Proakis and Ingle(Brooks cole publishing)
DSP is a great sub with vast applications as given in "The scitentist guide to DSP"
www.dspguide.com

fianally have a pratical approach for everthing u learn
dsp processors and arch would be useful go to TI site

bye
enjoy DSP
adroit
8)

Q1 . What is DSP ?

ANS : - DSP = Mathematics + Algorithm + (Small amount) Computer Technology

The best thing is buy a book write by Richard Lyons and read it. he has explained for freshers in a very nice way.

hi,

As you know, DSP consists of many problems which you have to study. Firstly, You should read some books about DSP from basic level to advaced level such as: introduction to digital signal processing, Digital signal processing, Advaced digital dignal processing. You have to know what is descrete signal, some transformation method for example: ZT, FT,FFT...You can use Malab for simulating, practising DSP.
Then you can study much more in special fields Ex: image processing, sound processing... because each facet has its own many algorithms, and knowledge.
Good luck!

HI

Thanks for information and links.

Have you a link to site where is describe how to built board with adsp 21065L or other analog devices dsp??

thanks in adv.

People can tell plothora of books,but i strongly don't recommend them for a starter........Infact many guys don't know the uncanny relation existing between complex variable theory and DSP.....hone your skills in complex variable which by the vitue of residue theorem and analytical functions concepts explain rudimentry concepts of signal......after a book on this topic study SIGNALS and SYSTEMS by B.P.LATHI.....this would certainly take you to a new horizon

Hope this helps

regards
drdolittle :)

HOW I CAN START DSP

For an easy start you can use the book DSP guide in www.dspguide.com
For a reference you can use CRC press- Digital Signal Processing Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back