Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how do check controller is proper one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manikandan123

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
frds!
I am new to here. I have one question? How do check the PIC controller(Microchip) is good one? is any possible?Please suggest me?

Waiting for your valuable reply? and anybody having own design of PICKIT?

power ON the controller board and check the voltage at the pins connected with crystal oscillator... if you see a voltage of 3 and 2.5 approximately then your controller should be fine.....

PICKIT clones are already discussed in this forum.. do a search in the form for many discussions.....

@CKSHIVAram thanks sir, i got it. the contoller is perfect one. because i got 4.7VDC. thank you once again.

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

thank you. i got 4.8V. i thing it is perfectfully. thanks once again.

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

thank you. i got 4.8V. i thing it is perfectfully. thanks once again.

@ckshivaram sir, i am using the PIC18f4620 microcontroller. i was used it one time wrongly.i used that controller as put it to the development board by reciprocally.it means i put it wrongly by opposite manner. after that that IC not worked well.Suppose i 'll program to it.the error is identified.my doubt is the IC is good one or fried one. the crystal side it gave the 4.7V. Will IC work or not.

if your IC is not programmed by the programmer then surely your IC will be fried.(make sure your programmer is fine or not)

crystal should not give 4V it should be 3V or less than that... once you put it reverse the power and GND pins get reversed and damage the IC... it would not work properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.