Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need of SPI phase and polarity bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

myatham

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

What it the use of SPI phase and polatiry bits? I mean what are the different requirements to set different values?
Please explain me.

Hi,
In the documents obtained from the link, they are saying these bits are useful to maintain timing relationship. When it would be required to maintain timing relationship? Can you illustrate with one realtime apllication example.

It depends on the slave device you are using.. Not all slaves in SPI are same.. if you read the device specification of the device you are using then they will mention how the slave have to triggered with respect to polarity and phase.. there are many SPI based ADC, DAC, memory, etc with different specifications.. so it depends on the slave device you are going to use.

how they should be synchronized with master will be defined in the datasheet..

Thank you, now i am out of confusion...

Status
Not open for further replies.