Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

<cst mws/ds 2011> Optimizing patch antennas placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

hof

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm working on optimization of six patch antennas placement on a larger structure. The goal is achieve best gain in all directions without "blind" areas. I'm using cst 2011 at school with uni license ( no A- solver and other limitations).
I read papers from cst site about antenna placement optimalization, but due the limitations of uni license I can't use all farfields imported from T-solver and excite them simultaneously. The only way to do this is simulataneously excitation in T-solver, which isn't the optimal solver for larger structures.
Is there any other way to simulate the whole structure to get proper coupling between antennas and gain characteristics? Maybe simulating antennas separately and then adding the ff_results as sources on larger structure, then simulate with I-solver using design studio ?

Thanks for help.

The goal is achieve best gain in all directions without "blind" areas.
A such goal does not exist, at least not for fare field radiations. Think about as a 100% effective dipole radiation pattern. For a given radiation level will it result in a certain radiation volume. This volume can be reshaped by an array of similar antennas but it will still be same total volume. It is only an fictive isotropic antenna that have equal radiation in all directions.
All real antennas have at least two nodes with zero radiation in these directions. Adding more antennas feed from same source can increase number of nodes, reshape nodes, but can not be a complement that makes radiation pattern fully omnidirectional or with less node effect.
If each antenna have its own RF source or receiver and with some intelligent control, is it possible to select best antenna for a certain direction and avoid blind directions. Spatial multiplexing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: hof

hof

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank You. I used inacurate terms in my thread. Of course it's about beam shapeing. The main case is that i can simulate situation when both antenna elements are excited simultaneously so i can archieve gain of the complete antena system.

One more time thanks mr Kafeman for Your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back