Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

card image file doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

binodbhai

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all, I need help..
I am trying to read txt file from SD card and display its content in LCD , but i don't understand what is to be loaded in card image file and what should it contain?

SD card implements various file storage algorithms (FAT, NTFS, etc.). Easiest to learn is FAT (File Allocation Table). You will have to learn how FAT is implemented to store files on memory. You can use this book : "Programming 32-bit Microcontrollers in C - Exploring the PIC32 by Lucio Di Jasio". It gives easy understanding of how FAT works.

Hello,

Flowcode has an inbuilt FAT component that allows you to read and write to FAT16 and FAT32 file systems on a memory card, MMC or SD using PIC, AVR or ARMSAM7S devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.