Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Which Option is useful and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micro Lover

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone
i want to make a Universal-Digital-Clock, very user-friendly , one master clock, and several slave clocks, the master clock will send data and slave clock receive that data and will display it, these both functions are in one Code, i mean in one IC, so just set one pin as High or Low for Master Or Slave, and it will also use as a timer, common Anode and cathode selection, and some more functions, I used 89c51, but the size 4KB is full. And I want some more functions, like Alarm, Calenders(2 or 3, depending on memory), and temperature in one IC. Is there any IC having more Memory? or I use 2 ICs or more?

I used 1307 RTC, wich have some RAM memory that you can use to store some data.

+++

If you opt for little rework, then go for 89s52,
From your first post, I assume you are not using RTC, using RTC like andre_teprom suggested is a better choice because your application needs alarm calenders etc which can be easily implemented in RTC, and you will get a high level of precision.
You can use existing 89c51 with RTC if your code can be filled within 4kb, else choose 89s52 with RTC.

@ srikanthsamaga

yes, i wrote a simple program, without using RTC or any Interrupt function, can u send me some links about RTC, if possible, because i have not too much knowledge about Microcontrollers internal function, i m doing it just as hobby.

read the datasheet of DS12887, search rtc interfacing 8051, you will get a idea about how to use rtc with 8051
link to datasheet **broken link removed**

i have some problem using 1307, i m using keil that is not supporting DS1307 RTC and PIC (MicroChip), which any other software is best?

Google

---------- Post added at 07:54 ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 ----------

i have some problem using 1307, i m using keil that is not supporting DS1307 RTC and PIC (MicroChip), which any other software is best?

Keil supports only 8051 and ARM, use MPLab and other IDEs for PIC

sorry about "i have some problem using 1307, i m using keil that is not supporting DS1307 RTC", i want to talk about only PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.