Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Artificial Magentic Conductor (AMC) S parameter issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

vioamethyst

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have read few papers of yours about AMC ground plane.
I wish to ask you few questions that i hope can clear up my mind.

i) what is the reference value for S11 for AMC unit cells? In some papers i read, the S11 is smaller than -10 dB and some are bigger like -2dB (for instance). But as far as i understand, S11 is the signal from input port 1 to output port 1 too. AMC react as reflector in antenna (for my interest) therefor S11 should have bigger value eg. -2dB and not below -10dB?

ii) In measurement/simulation of AMC periodic sturucture to observe the bandgap characteristics which is denoted by S21 (magnitude). As far as i understand the Structure is added up with 50 ohm transmission line on top, with port 1 and port 2 at each end of the transmission line (as in attachment). This would make a multilayer substrate With AMC in the bottom substrate and transmission line on the top susbstrate. I am courius, when doing this kinda of measurement, does it require S11 and S22 to be below than -10 dB?

(p/s: FYI, the AMC unit cell, exhibit 0 degree reflection phase at my frequency interest 5.8GHz)

I attach you some of the simulated resulttht ive obtain.

Your Help is much appreciated. thank u.

Attachments

• amcproblem.pdf
    249.9 KB · Views: 79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back