Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequncy multiplier in verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

surajdash

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to create a frequency multiplier with verilog that can be implemented in a FPGA? That means given a input signal of frequency f can a circuit be made that calculates the frequency M*f ???

Either as a time-discrete ADPLL, you know about it, or using built-in hardware PLLs available with some FPGA families.

Actually I wanted to know how can i create another signal which has a frequency M times the input signal frequency where M>1. So that the signal generated has a frequency greater than that of the input frequency. ADPLL helps me get a signal which has a frequency lower than that of the input signal.

ADPLL helps me get a signal which has a frequency lower than that of the input signal.
ADPLL can achieve frequency multiplication with an additional high frequency system clock.

What if my system has only one input and I need to generate a clock using that signal. Like I need to generate the clock for the K counter and ID counter (DCO) which are multiples of the clock signal given as input.

As said, you need a high frequency input clock or a FPGA with internal hardware PLL to generate it.

Making use of DLLs may help for your problem. Have the same signal passed through Delay loops to achieve a higher frequency for the input. I have not synthesized one, but have seen the concept of this in Xilinx.

You could use Digital Clock Managers (DCMs) which are provided by FPGA Vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back