Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do guitar pedals draw guitar signal when there is no amp connected at their output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icydash

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ok so this is kind of an odd question, but here it goes:

I'm trying to do something like this:
pedlas.jpg

So basically, my guitar signal is being routed both into the input of a guitar pedal (in series with a few other guitar pedals), and it's also being routed to the amp. It's hard to explain the reason I'm doing it this way, but trust me, this is what I have to do for a project.

Anyway, notice that the guitar pedals aren't connected to an amp at the output; they are left floating. Will the guitar signal that IS being routed to the amp be diminished in any noticeable way? Since the guitar pedals are "open" in terms of the guitar signal, do they act just like any other open circuit and have no effect on the signal? Or, will the op-amps and other things in the pedals cause some of my guitar signal to be drawn away / distort it somehow?

Attachments

• pedlas.jpg
    pedlas.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 59

So what is the end result? Would the guitar signal going to the amp just be less, or would it be distorted? What exactly would happen?

If the signal to the amp would be diminished, by how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.