Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AWR microwave office help

Status
Not open for further replies.

young.microwave.eng

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every one
I'm going to design a LNA.I developed my imagination using microwave office.In microwave office
to simplify my designs,firstly I developed my design using TLIN,you know the TLIN parameters is impedance and center frequency and electrical length.using this element I could design some LNA that is match with my desired data.But when I'm going to implement this circuit using MLIN and MTRACE,the results is completely different.
my method to convert TLIN to MLIN or MTRACE is:In Txline calculator I entered the substrate parameters,then I entered electrical length and center frequency,from the right hand column I could find the width and length of desired MLIN or MTRACE,
do you have any suggestion or solution for my problem?
thanks in advance

You should use MLIN and MTRACE, and make a little tune of the length.
MLIN and MTRACE has end effect, or the bend effect.

Your procedure is correct.

Double check if you have a mistake in that conversion somewhere.
Do you have extreme step in line width?
Do you have open ended lines?

thanks for you replies
Dear volker:
I've checked the widths many times.all conversions are correct.but I have open stubs.do you have any Idea about them?
you meant I should pay some considerations toward open stubs?

but I have open stubs. do you have any Idea about them?

An open stub in ideal lines is ideal open.
An open stub in microstrip has some extra capacitance.

For T-junction and cross, you will also see some difference between ideal (connected in one ideal point) and microstrip, because of the physical size of the connection.

hi
thanks for you reply volker
Seems important practical consideration.I should check and reply again

i am trying to desing a simple two-way wilkinson power divider by using AWR.I calculated the widths and lengths of the microstrip lines.And i draw them on the EM simulation layout.But i couldnt place the isolation resistor (2Zo) between two arms of the circuit.How can i describe resistance between two points on the design in EM Simulation layout in AWR.In CST user can specify RLC values between any points on the structure.But in AWR i couldnt find a way to describe.

How can i describe resistance between two points on the design in EM Simulation layout in AWR.

(1) Define a resistive metal and draw a resistor with that metal
OR
(2) Define two ports for the two terminals of the resistor, and then connect the resistor in the schematic simulator to these ports.

Hi Volker,thank you for your response.I didnt use circuit schematic.I started from the EM layout.I drew the structur but couldnt place a resistance.At this point your first suggestion suits my case i think.How can i define a resistive metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back