Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRC-LVC with UMC130nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicchan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DRC-LVS with UMC130nm

Hi there,

I am using umc130nm and I am having problems in running DRC and LVS checks.
First of all, I am not sure about the tool. I know that usually Calibre or Assura are used. Notwithstanding, when I launch the layout editor from the schematic, the only option is "Layout XL". After I lay out my circuit in Layout XL, I have no Assura/Calibre button on my horizontal toolbar. I only can click on "Verify" and then choose "DRC" or "LVS". After that, a window pops up where the DRC/LVS rules file must be filled in. I do have both Calibre and Assura rulefolders but I do not know which one to use. Furthermore, in the Rules File section from the DRC window, the default file is "divaDRC.rul". If I run the DRC with such a default setting, an error message says "Failed to find DRC rules divaDRC.rul in library umc13ligicmm".
Can anyone help me?

Last edited:

Re: DRC-LVS with UMC130nm

Hi there,

I am using umc130nm and I am having problems in running DRC and LVS checks.
First of all, I am not sure about the tool. I know that usually Calibre or Assura are used. Notwithstanding, when I launch the layout editor from the schematic, the only option is "Layout XL". After I lay out my circuit in Layout XL, I have no Assura/Calibre button on my horizontal toolbar. I only can click on "Verify" and then choose "DRC" or "LVS". After that, a window pops up where the DRC/LVS rules file must be filled in. I do have both Calibre and Assura rulefolders but I do not know which one to use. Furthermore, in the Rules File section from the DRC window, the default file is "divaDRC.rul". If I run the DRC with such a default setting, an error message says "Failed to find DRC rules divaDRC.rul in library umc13ligicmm".
Can anyone help me?

Unless the foundry has done that for you (e.g. check in file libInit.il in the folder of the technology library), you will need to launch the integration script for Calibre from .cdsinit, for its location see calibre interactive manual (about Virtuoso integration)
In addition you need to set MGC_HOME or CALIBRE_HOME environment variable to point to the root installation path, and add the binary path ($MGC_HOME/bin) to your shell search path

No idea about Assura

Re: DRC-LVS with UMC130nm

Thank you a lot for your suggestion, dgnani.
Actually I have found a tutorial on internet (**broken link removed**), which contains links to the modified .cdsinit and sourceme files to attach Calibre to Layout XL. Of course these files point to paths different from mine (it is used for a course at TUDelft). I know I should change these paths with the ones I have for my installation but I am not sure about the exact modifications I must do. Also, I have no sourceme file in my installation folder, just .cds, .cdsinit and .cdsenv...

which unix shell are you using ?
do you know where Calibre executable is installed in your system?
you do not need a sourceme file you can just use the initialization file of your shell, in any case you can create your own sourceme if you prefer

I am using shell C but I have no idea about the location of Calibre exe. I have been looking around but could not find it. I am going to think it has not been installed...
Thanks a lot for your help anyway.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

I have checked the libInit.il file as you suggested but neither Calibre nor Assura was mentioned through the script...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back