Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DO we need a Transceiver in Ground Stn to listen to other LEO satellites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavannanduri

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, please can anyone clarify on these points?

inorder to build a Ground Station to listen to all Low Earth Orbit Satellites/ Nano Satellites
we should be atleast having

an Yagi Antenna with rotor and polarization controlling setup connected to PC

do we need a transceiver as well to listen to the other satellites??

or the antenna setup will be sufficient?

I am not deploying satellite into the space at the moment..but i just want to listen to the other cubesat/nanosats or LEOs that are there in the space..dont want to communicate or send/recieve any data..at that point of time do we really need a one? thats my question..hope i have made it clear

can we go for a made one? or can we assemble one..so that we can minimise the total cost? any details about kenwood TS-2000 transceiver or anyother available ones in market ?

anyway i can manage that with a good superhet receiver right! true..thanks for your info..

Depending on type of communication, in many cases is a simple receiver enough if you have a antenna with high gain. For weather satellites can you buy cheap receiver kits which connects to PC sound-card.
High antenna gain => narrow lobe => Tracking helps to keep contact a bit longer time.
Many LEO satellites communicate in a narrow band mode and is moving in high and very variable speed relative base station => Receiver needs to track center frequency due to Doppler-effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back