Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a power divider in power amp for 200-500MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mucaowan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help me

:cry:

I need a power divider in my power amplifier for 200-500MHZ frequcy band.its power is CW 50w,and the max insertion loss less than 0.6dB.more importantly,I hope its size is small enough (length<50mm,width<12mm)to be fixed on the PCB.but I can not find such product in many RF companies.

I want to design it by myself.but because of so wide frequcy band,anybody can tell me some way to design it?
Is microstrip or stipline took into account ?
Thanks!!!!!

Re: help me

Try winding your own transformers with the appropriate gauge of wire for the power you're working with. The attached has data for your bandwidth, but if you're looking for 180 degrees, open up a cable TV splitter and modify the design to higher power.

Re: help me

Microstrip: whatever your divider is the electric lenght of the trace is a quarter of wavelenght (about 120mm with FR4) and besides i think you need 2 sections.
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back