Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gm C filter transfer function urgent help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleo claudiu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can someone help me with the transfer function of the filter below? image112.gif

Hi cleo,

here is the transfer function of your circuit: H(s)=N(s)/D(s)

N(s)=(+ H3 H1)

D(s)=(+ H4 H3) + ( - H2 C2) s + (C2 C1) s^2

The negative sign in the denumerator indicates that something is wrong since all expressions in D(s) must be positive.
A visual inspection of the circuit shows that you have positive dc feedback (see the second unit) thereby inhibiting linear operation.
Please check the circuitry.

Last edited:
Correction of the circuit: By changing the output polarity of the 2nd unit the minus sign will disappear.
Then, you will have a second order lowpass function.

Correction of the circuit: By changing the output polarity of the 2nd unit the minus sign will disappear.
Then, you will have a second order lowpass function.

thanks verry much, it's very useful, i figured it out about how can i reach that result...and yes, u were right, that polarity is wrong....thanks again

The second unit with 100% feedback acts as a grounded resistor (R=1/g2=1/H2) in parallel with X=1/sC1
With this in mind you can apply the classical rules for OTAs with Vout/Vin=g*Xload.
The whole circuitry is the OTA representation of the classical opamp lowpass configuration consisting of a damped and an undamped integrating device connected in a closed loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back