Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know what is the material for the Solar Inverter Housing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip-tan222@hotmail.com

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Currently i working in on eproject to study the Solar Inverter .

I need to know what is the material and what kind of coating shown as below. Need some help from all of you.

99_1308291422.jpg

It's impossible to tell what metal is used from the photographs. It might be aluminium but it's far more likely to be steel. Steel is cheaper and stronger and with such heavy compnents inside the unit, using aluminium to make it lighter would have a negligible effect.

The standard paint surfaces are powder coated for best appearance although I've seen dip and spray painting being used as well. The black case may be anodized instead of being painted. A clue is to look where the screws were fitted. Anodizing bonds well with the underlying metal so the screw would only scratch it, paint would be thicker and more likely to flake away under the compression of the screw head.

Brian.

I am looking at purchasing a 1.5kW solar system.

I am wanting to hear from other South Australian members who have had such a system installed and who they went through and approx price I should be finding.

Currently quotes are $7,500 from SShop (24 panels of Kaneka) and similar price from Origin.
Are there any other SA suppliers I should try?

Origin also offer 0.50c per kWh feed in.

Thanks in advance,
Agrajag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back