Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend me a good HMI tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hmi experience

Hello
If you have worked an HMI software for an industerial project,please give me the name of the software and your opinion on the results.Is that satisfactory?Is there any problem?

I want to use your experience for select a good hmi tool.

Bye

wincc compre wonderware

I have some experience in Wonderware In Touch.
I can say that In Touch permits to do everithing you want, and is very easy to work with.
In the other hand, I don't know any other, so I cant compare.

Other thing, is very expensive. If you want to use I/O drivers for differents PLCs you must to buy the drivers, and the complete solution may be very expensive.

cheapest hmi

I have used two HMIs primarily and have dabbled in a few others.

I would say the first thing to look into is application, some are better for certain applications (and PLCs)...etc.

Wonderware's InTouch is a decent product. It's popularity makes it much easier to find support when needed. I think the scripting engine in Wonderware sucks. It hasn't changed (to VBa, like a few others) in many years. It can be clumbsy to use to times.

I have used GE's Cimplicity, but only with GE PLCs. I personally like it. It can be complicated to learn, but is quite powerful. It uses a VBa scripting engine so special components and ActiveX controls are very easily built and dropped in to the application. Sometimes I had a difficult time finding answers to tough problems.

Intellution makes a good HMI. I have not used it too much, but it worked well for what I was trying to accomplish. Pretty good support and versitile.

Parker makes a cheapo HMI, crude graphics, less flexibility, and very little support, but dirt cheap.

I have used the Automation Direct HMI demo. I liked it quite a bit. I have found good support from other products of theirs. Buti never developed a real application.

Hope this helps.

wonderware sucks

hi

i have used WinCC 5.0 by siemens with s7-314IFM CPU.

it is very powerful one b/c it is also from siemens. by the way, with what plc do u plan to use ur HMI?

regards

Re: HMI experience

I want only use advantech ADAM4000 I/O cards (RS485 with MODBUS RTU protocol).

Does wincc support MODBUS RTU?

Re: HMI experience

to the best of my knowledge about WinCC , it does not support.

Status
Not open for further replies.