Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

export gds using virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

zvilupu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

after doing the file-->export-->stream and insert the layout cellview (+library and tech_file), in the summary it says that each part in my design is translated to a STRUCTURE.

does that means that when i will do an importing of the stream, it wont recognize the Pcells??

(my objective is to send someone my gds + CDL (also stream-schematic) + tech_file (by dumping) that he will run LVS checks.. - need anything else??)

second, when i tried to check it by importing it, i got an error that the "Target library 'ADC_zvika' (my library) is attached to the technology library 'ts...'. therfore, technology file is opened in read-only mode.

streamout will by default suppress p-cells as those are usually cadence specific and GDS is not

There are options to keep them but that does not seem a good thing in your case

If you want someone to check your design for you
- CDL
- GDS
- LVS rule file specific to whatever tools he uses for verification
- make sure port stamping in GDS is compatible with that LVS tool

Never stream your GDS back into the original library because by default it will overwrite it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back