Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

6 digit decimal to hexadecimal conversion in assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharath411

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends

I want to convert a 6 digit decimal no into binary or hex format in assembly language. Please tell me how it could be done

I did for 5 digit conversion now i want for 6digit pl help me

Thank you

It is good you know how to do it for 5-digit because I have to work on it if I will need it :)
But I can't see why 6-digit conversion has to be different from the 5-digit one.
First, 5 decimal digits (maximum 99999) will result if converted to binary as 3 bytes. The same applies for 6 decimal digits.
Second, after you multiply the 6th digit by 10 and add the result to the 5th one, you can continue to get the 3-byte result by using your method of the 5-digit conversion.

Kerim

Hi

Thanks for your reply...

Actually i did the conversion for till 65535 after that i don't know how to do for the next counts so I am asking for help....

Thank you..

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

Are the six digits in binary code decimal (BCD) or ASCII? Or something else?

I am using the BCD

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.