Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sim 900 GSM module & service command

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehdi952

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can we send service command with sim900 module?
like *21*094# for call diverting

Hi mehd1952: Does the ATD command not work? It is, in essence, a voice call so I would expect to use these commands:
ATD*21*094#; (don't forget the semicolon)
ATS6=n (n is a delay in seconds range 0 to 999)
ATH (Drop call)

you will have to experiment a bit with the delay or you may want to insert commas in the dial string and use ATS8=<n> to set the default delay for a comma. I have attached the latest AT Command set document to help

Attachments

• SIM900_AT Command Manual_V1.03.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 75

The ATD0917xxxxxxx; dose work but ATD*21*xxx...#; doesn't .
I read Sim900 AT_Command manual V1.03 but I can't understand ATS6=<n> what does it do exactly? is it necessary? I just used ATS6=1
what should I do now?

can you mention what error you are getting while giving that commands.

Try the following:
ATS8=<n>. This will set the default delay that is inserted by a comma
ATD*21*,094#,;
ATH
--if you were doing this from a handset you would dial the service code, wait for a resonse, dial the number for forwarding followed by # then wait for acknowledgement before hanging up. You may need to experiment with the delay value or just add more commas

ATS6 adds a delay between sending an ATD and the module actually dialling, so this is probably not right for you

Why does my modem reply with a blank string.

I type
AT+CUSD=1,"*444#",15
or
AT+CUSD=1,"*444#"
The reply is
+CUSD: 1,"",15

Even if I type
ATD*444#
it gives the same response
+CUSD: 1,"",15

Why?

Status