Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic-to-layout power splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

boiajr

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am currently trying to simulate an array of Vivaldi antennas. I work with ADS Momentum. I have finished the elementary antenna design, but I am having problems with the 2-way Wilkinson power splitter. I designed and optimized it using Schematic, but when I create the layout and try to simulate it, some of the results are good (S11, S21), but some are wrong (S22, S23). I am using only one layer (resistors are Lumped with artwork).

I read that I could create a handmade resistors instead, on a different layer and connected using via to each section of the power splitter. Sadly, I don't know exactly how to obtain the needed resistance by means of dimensions and resistivity.

I also know that I could use EMDS co-simulation to skip the layout, but I have no experience with it.

have you used isolation resistor? i mean you need to use finally sch simulation for the layout component and place isolator resistor.

if your S11 and S21 are good result , but S22 and S33 are worng
you must to check the isolation resistor(100 ohm), it placement between port2 and port3
about layer problem , you should chose the resistor size (0402,0805,1210...etc.)and measurment Port2 and Port3 distance
and simulation of HFSS,IE3D....etc. to check result.

You can also put a match stub on port 2 and port 3 to adjust VSWR of S22 and S33.

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

Or a impedance transformation microstrip at port 2 and port3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back