Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

.1uf ceramic , mylor or electrolyt capacitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d@nny

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
should i use ceramic , mylor or electrolyte .1uf for pic micro? which one is better? i have all

Ceramic is best but keep the leads very short.

Reactions: d@nny

d@nny

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ohhhhh ok i have used 3 .1uf mylor on my 5v power supply 1 on transformer output 1 after bridge and 1 after 7805 . Should i change them with ceramic?

No. What you have down is OK.

DSCF0006.JPG
5v powesupply with mylor capacitor

DSCF0009.JPGbut 104 ceramic is so much small and look very bad and useless. can u plz tell me how much volt it can bear. pic here

Ceramic cap can surely handle 5V. Most have a 25 or 50 volt rating. Put one at the V+ pin of each IC with shortest lead possible. The picture of the power supply shows longer leads than you would like. Also keep caps from touching any hot devices, like regulators.

the powersupply capacitors are mylor??????? As i always see mylor in green colour?

They look red in the picture. I was guessing based on size and shape.

what you have connected is 100V-400V range capacitor.

What voltage transformer you are using

before bridge rectifier no capacitor required
after bridge rectifier atleast connect 100-1000uf capacitor
and if 7805 is kept near to bridge rectifier output capacitor then 0.1uf ceramic is ok but 10uf/25V electrolytic will be still better.

but 104 ceramic is so much small and look very bad and useless. can u plz tell me how much volt it can bear. pic here

Ceramic capacitor (like the one on the pic) changes its value with temperature (you can test it if you have a simple capacitance meter, by heating the capacitor body with your fingers). But the exact value is not important if used as bypass. And in your case it can be used at the regulator output for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back