Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR2130 + 3 pahse inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoka

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i'm building a three phase voltage inverter, i'm using IR2130 and i bulid the circuit of that IC exactly as the datasheet .i connect the IC with IRFP460 Mosfet.

the pulses out of the driver are ok for the lower 3 pulses and upper 3 pulses(bootstrap) with dc bus voltage =zero.

when i increase the dc bus voltage, the lower pulses are still dine, but the upper pulses( bootstrap pulses) decrease to zero.

i use 10uf capacitors and 1N4001 for bootstrap.

please can any one help me urgently.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• IR2130.png
    IR2130.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 127

What's the switching frequency in your test?

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
the switcing frequency is 1k Hz

1 kHz sounds moderate and should work with slow 1N4001 rectifiers. I guess, VCC may be too low, only slightly above low voltage lockout level. Both voltage levels have a lockout feature, but the boostrap voltage is at least lower by a diode voltage drop, so it will usually trigger first. You should also consider, that a load connected to the bootstrap supply and high side gate nodes will discharge the bootstrap capacitor. And the high side driver doesn't work, if the low side isn't switching concurrently.

Reactions: tictac

V

tictac

i have a question. What resistor value should you use on the CAO pins. There are 5 resistors there, and i dont know what values to use

There are application notes dedicated to IR213x 3-channel drivers, DT92-6 and AN-985.

Status
Not open for further replies.