Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Starting in Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushahid980

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am Newbie in Microcontroller World its My Third Year in BS-Electronics indeed i need your Help guys where to start as its summer vacations and i would love to do something creative in this ..! please help me where should i start what development board i would need etc..

Checkout my recent posting on this thread:

Microcontroller Starter Kit

The posting has plenty of links and recommendations, it should answer most of your inquiries.

However, if you still have further questions or are considering something other than a Microchip PIC feel free to contact me via PM.

Ciao

May I ask why the 16F84 is still being recommended in some countries? In the U.S., the 16F84 is considered very old and obselete, and is actually much more expensive than newer *better* chips. Do some countries have a large supply of them?

That is a definite possibility. The major problem with the 16F84 vs 16F84A is the type of storage technology used in the chip. Most main stream programmers no longer support it, like Microchips own PICkit 2 for starters. I'm sure Microchip off loaded most of their inventory of PIC 16F84s when they made that decision.

hi ,
this is also quiet a good place to start
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.